Global Center of Excellence for Water Hazard and Risk Management
The mission of ICHARM is to serve as the Global Centre of Excellence for
Water Hazard and Risk Management by, inter alia, observing and analyzing
natural and social phenomena, developing methodologies and tools,
building capacities, creating knowledge networks, and disseminating
lessons and information in order to help governments and all
stakeholders manage risks of water-related hazards at global, national,
and community levels.
( Revision on 25th February, 2014 ( Partially citation ) )
On 29 June 2015, ICHARM and the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI) of Kyoto University signed an MoU to promote educational collaboration and exchange between the two institutes.
ICHARM and The University of Tokyo will organize an International Summer Program on Sustainable Water Management in an era of Big Data.
Date: 27 July – 7 August, 2015
Venue: ICHARM, Tsukuba, Japan & The University of Tokyo
Application has been closed
The latest version of ICHARM newsletter is now available.
- Message from Director
- 3rd UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in Japan
- Advisor's activities
- Visit by delegates from Asian countries
- 47th session of the Typhoon Committee in Thailand
- Visit to Ministry of Public Works and Housing, Indonesia
- Visit by Afghan officials of Ministry of Energy and Water
- PAGASA-UNESCO seminar in the Philippines
- Visit by Ethiopian professor
- Visit by officials of UNESCO headquarters in France
- Visit by Negeri Lima mayor of Indonesia
- Visit by MJIIT Professor of Malaysia
- ADB Myanmar project (TA8456) update: Training on RRI Model and Storm Surge Model
- Thai Hydrologist Association 2015 in Thailand
- Workshop on Flood Contingency Planning with Evidence-based Simulation in the Philippines
- FY2014 SOUSEI annual meeting
- Follow-up seminar in Indonesia
- Field Tour and participation in WCDRR in Japan
- New ICHARM Members
- Publication List
You can download from here.