Global Center of Excellence for Water Hazard and Risk Management
The mission of ICHARM is to serve as the Global Centre of Excellence for
Water Hazard and Risk Management by, inter alia, observing and analyzing
natural and social phenomena, developing methodologies and tools,
building capacities, creating knowledge networks, and disseminating
lessons and information in order to help governments and all
stakeholders manage risks of water-related hazards at global, national,
and community levels.
( Revision on 25th February, 2014 ( Partially citation ) )
ICHARM is now accepting one application for Research Specialist positions.
Click here to view the information on the application guidelines.
The latest version of ICHARM newsletter is now available.
- Message from Director
- ICHARM Director honored the Science Award
- Advisor's activities
- PWRI / ICHARM visit by Taiwan Vice Minister
- "Expert Meeting on Developing Indicators for Disaster Risk Reduction" and "Openended Intergovernmental Expert Working Group (OEIWG)"
- Workshop on Risks and Impacts on Floods from Extreme Events in ASEAN Countries
- International workshop held in Pakistan to promote evidence-based flood forecasting
- Strengthening Water Partnerships for Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management
- SAFE prototype project in the Lower Mekong basin kicked off in Cambodia
- Conference on climate change adaption technology in Taiwan
- 52nd and 53rd ICHARM R&D seminars held
- Dr. Miyamoto presented with the PWRI President's Award
- UAV-assisted flood investigation in Bangladesh
- Investigation conducted in the Lower Mekong Basin
- Field visit to flood-ravaged Joso City in Ibaraki Prefecture
- Observation of the Jamuna river
- FY2015 JICA Training Program: Capacity Development for Flood Risk Management
- Joint international summer program with Tokyo University
- Educational Program Updates
- Flood in Myanmar (Contribution)
- New ICHARM Member
- Publication List
You can download from here.