Global Center of Excellence for Water Hazard and Risk Management
The mission of ICHARM is to serve as the Global Centre of Excellence for
Water Hazard and Risk Management by, inter alia, observing and analyzing
natural and social phenomena, developing methodologies and tools,
building capacities, creating knowledge networks, and disseminating
lessons and information in order to help governments and all
stakeholders manage risks of water-related hazards at global, national,
and community levels.
( Revision on 25th February, 2014 ( Partially citation ) )
ICHARM is now accepting one application for Research Specialist positions.
Click here to view the information on the application guidelines.
We can accept Application to 5:00 p.m. (Japan time), 27th July 2016.
The latest version of ICHARM newsletter is now available.
- Message from Director
- Advisor's activities
- 2nd ICHARM Governing Board Meeting held in Tokyo
- Asian Water Cycle Symposium 2016 in Tokyo, Japan
- ICHARM Director visited the President of JICA
- Workshop on Practical Application of RRI Model in the Philippines
- The 3rd Sentinel Asia in Sri Lanka
- Second Open-ended Intergovernmental Expert Working Group in Switzerland
- Typhoon Committee in Hawaii
- Evidence-Based Flood Contingency Planning in the Philippines
- Participation in 2nd Collaboration Dialogue Workshop between Indonesia and Japan
on Water and Disaster Management and meeting on the SOUSEI program
- Meetings with Thai governments and experts on the SOUSEI Program
- Thailand: Consultation on the flood protection measures for the industry sector
- 54th & 55th ICHARM R&D Seminars held
- Field surveys on fluvial topography and floods around the Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia
- Future Earth Seminar
- IFAS-AutoIFAS final installation and handover ceremony of Malaysia-Japan SATREPS Project
- Field survey to glaciers, glacial lakes, and wetlands of Tuni Basin in Bolivia
- Workshop held as part of UNESCO Pakistan Project (Phase II)
- ADB Myanmar project (TA8456) update: Mission to Myanmar in January 2016
- Advisor Takeuchi doubly honored
- Annual Hanami lunch outing
- Comment from the internship student
- Personnel change announcement
- Publication List
You can download from here.