Global Center of Excellence for Water Hazard and Risk Management
The mission of ICHARM is to serve as the Global Centre of Excellence for
Water Hazard and Risk Management by, inter alia, observing and analyzing
natural and social phenomena, developing methodologies and tools,
building capacities, creating knowledge networks, and disseminating
lessons and information in order to help governments and all
stakeholders manage risks of water-related hazards at global, national,
and community levels.
( Revision on 25th February, 2014 ( Partially citation ) )
ICHARM and The University of Tokyo have organized an International Summer Program on Sustainable Water Management in an era of Big Data.
This program's introduction video have been opened.
You can download final report from here.
ICHARM will held the 53rd ICHARM R&D Seminar as follows;
M. Levent Kavvas, Distinguished Professor,
University of California, Davis campus
Maximum Precipitation Estimation over a River Basin by Numerical Atmospheric Modeling
Time: 15:00-17:00, 7th September
Venue: ICHARM Auditorium, PWRI
Language: English only
Others: No reservation is necessary.
The latest version of ICHARM newsletter is now available.
- Message from Director
- ICHARM attends the 7th World Water Forum
- Advisor's activities
- Visit by Thai delegates
- ICHARM Open Day joined by local high school students
- 30th ISO/TC113 meeting held in Tokyo
- Visit by Indonesian delegates
- Visit by NAHRIM-Malaysia DG and delegates
- Visit by officer of Malaysia's Education Ministry
- ADB Myanmar project (TA-8456) update: Training on RRI Model and Storm Surge Model and Consultation Meeting
- Workshops on sediment disasters and management in Taipei
- Poster presentations at EGU 2015 on IFI Project
- Discharge measurement workshop in the Shinano River
- International Workshop on Typhoon and Flood in Taiwan
- Symposium on climate change impact and adaptation in water-related disasters
- Joint training for Malaysian experts
- IFAS training in Viet Nam
- Training seminar for Bhutan staff
- Visit by Afgan officers
- M.Sc. Field Tours
- Recent earthquake in Nepal (Contribution)
- New ICHARM Members
- Publication List
You can download from here.
On 29 June 2015, ICHARM and the Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI) of Kyoto University signed an MoU to promote educational collaboration and exchange between the two institutes.